Sunday, May 20, 2012

Preliminary Gamblin Paint Review

I like the new Gamblin "radiant" colors so much that I ordered the rest of the radiant palette.  They arrived last week (along with a few other colors I needed to refill). So here is the complete Radiant color palette from Gamblin:



I've been going through the Gamblin paints website and have found that there is some very good information for oil painters.  I've marked it as one of my favorite sites, so that I can return to it quickly in the future.

Getting new materials for painting is always an exciting adventure for me.  These paints are great, with a smooth buttery texture that I love.  They are made of quality pigments (referencing the Wilcox ratings), so permanence is assured.  These have a luminosity of "7" and, so, are good for the higher key portions of a painting, or a way to introduce light into darker passages.  The Gamblin "Radiants" have found their way onto my palette.

Radiant Smiley Face C:


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment